Once again another year is passing from our life. When I look back I feel a lot of good things happened in our life and in the world and the community that we live in. As we step into a new year you may have some really good memories about the past year, but you never know what the new one is bringing for you. It’s time to be hopeful, have new dreams and make some new resolutions for the New Year in your life. It’s time to connect with each other and make New Year wishes. It’s time to move on and embrace what is new. Seemingly a time of new beginnings and fresh starts also comes with a time of reflection. Let me put some of the highlights that happened in our Linwood catholic community in 2019:
· A very generous support from all St. Joseph parishioners financially and through volunteer work. Heartfelt thanks to all of you.
· Big thanks to Maria Schirduan and Nancy Sweeney for all the office work and other works they do for the church. May god bless them.
· A full swing support from the Pastoral Council members for the wellbeing of the Catholic community in LinWood. A special thanks to them.
· Paula King , Eddie Rush, Marty Nastasia, Fred Mehrmann, Mark Rosier, Mike Iarocci, Delia Sullivan, Annie Anderson, Jane Maki, Jan Wolowski and Susan Whitman and Lisa Gutro, Denise Rush, Fred Germaine, a big thanks to all of you for all the volunteer work you do.
· Thanks to choir group under the leadership of Margaret Sweeney. You all make the liturgy something more heavenly and beautiful.
· Thanks to the parishioners and visitors for your generous support towards our Capital Campaign and Stewardship.
· Our Knights of Columbus Delaney Council 1730 participated in Laundry Basket Drive and a lot of charitable works. Thanks to all that you do for the Church and the community in LinWood.
· The poor box that is located in the church helped a lot of charitable works. Your generous support makes a difference in the life of the poor people around us. Thanks for being part of this project.
· Knights of Columbus Delaney Council did a great job on blood drive in association with American Red Cross. It was very successful every time they had this blood drive.
· We had good participation from the Eucharistic Adorers. Thank you for doing the Wednesday Eucharistic Adoration. God bless you all. A special thanks to Susan Whitman for coordinating this.
· Having a great faith formation program for the kids. A big thanks to Paula King and Annie Anderson.
· St. Patrick dinner and festivities, followed by St. Joseph feast with novena and dinner.
· Many fundraising programs in view of supporting the church. Big thanks.
· A big thanks to the Eucharistic Ministers and ushers for doing the good job and your commitment is greatly appreciated.
· Thanks to the bereavement committee for all the support you do.
· We have eleven children confirmed and became the full pledged members of the Holy catholic Church. Thanks to the parents and teachers.
· Fr. David Kneeland moved out from St. Joseph Lincoln to St. Lawrence in Goffstown. Best wishes Fr.David.
· Bishop Peter Libasci visited us and celebrated mass with us and we had a town hall meeting which was well attended. The meeting sounded so great and all were so happy to receive the answers for their questions.
· We had lost few parishioners this year. Heartfelt condolence to the families and may Jesus console you in the time of your loneliness and grief.
· We had a good participation from both the parishioners and faith formation children for wreath making . Thanks to Holtzman’s farm for hosting this event.
· We had great Christmas celebration and Christmas raffle. Thank you so much to the Christmas celebration committee for all the hard works that you put behind to make this event a grant and successful one.
· Thanks to Warren Bahr and Alice Pearce for being part of the financial council and pastoral council respectively, due to their busy schedule they step down from the council.· A sincere thanks to all the volunteers and my parishioners for your great support for the St.Joseph church.
On this New Year, may you change your direction and not dates, change your commitments and not the Calendar, change your attitude and not the actions, and bring about a change in your faith, your force and your focus and not the fruit. May you live up to the promises you have made and may you create for you and your loved ones the most Happy New Year ever. I wish you all A blessed and grace filled New year and may all your dreams come true.